WorkKeys Testing Info
The WorkKeys is a computer-based assessment for individuals seeking a Level 1 Certificate or entrance into a Continuing Education (CE) program. Individuals seeking an Associate’s Degree must take the TSI assessment.
For all programs requiring the WorkKeys, you will take the Reading For Information section. The Applied Mathematics section may also be required for your program. See Assessment Minimum Scores below to determine which section(s) you need based on your program of choice.
The fee for each WorkKeys section is $15.
WorkKeys Testing Calendar
- Lufkin Campus:
- Click on the WorkKeys Testing Calendar below to view upcoming WorkKeys dates for the Lufkin Campus.
- Jasper Higher Education & Technology Center:
- By appointment only, call 409-489-9000
- Polk County Center – Livingston:
- By appointment only, call 936-633-4570 or 800-401-0042
|Section||Number Questions||Time Limit|
|Reading For Information||33 questions||55 minutes|
|Applied Mathematics||33 questions||55 minutes|
|Locating Information*||38 questions||55 minutes|
* The Locating Information section of the WorkKeys may be required if you are taking the assessment for employment purposes.
Assessment Minimum Scores
|Certificate of CE Program||Reading For Information||Applied Mathematics|
|Child & Family Development||4||Not needed|
|Electromechanical Technology (Electrical and Fluid Power)||4||4|
|Human Services||4||Not needed|
|Police Academy||5||Not needed|
|Real Estate||4||Not needed|
|Machine Tool Technology||5||5|
** Automotive Technology also requires the Bennett Test of Mechanical Comprehension. This test is scheduled in the Technology and Workforce Development Center room 100.