POSITION: Part-Time Technical Manager & Production Designer – Lufkin
EMPLOYMENT DATE: Until Filled
- High school diploma or GED.
- Computer skills.
- Minimum of three years theater experience.
- Demonstrated abilities in scenic, lighting or sound design, which includes experience with set construction, technical drawings/plots, flying and rigging systems, hang/cable/focus, sound reinforcement (performer amplification, music and effects).
- Must possess the ability to relate to diverse populations and to maintain positive interactions.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Associate degree or higher.
- Experience with Photoshop, QLAB.
- Understand how to work successfully as a team within all levels of the organization and know how to contribute to the mission of the college.
- Heavy lifting, ability to climb ladders, comfortable with heights.
- Work some nights and weekends.
- Ability to lift 75 pounds.
It is the intent of the basic job requirements, duties, and responsibilities that these minimum requirements should, therefore, be referred to as a guide for, rather than a limitation to the services required.
The position will report to the Full-Time Technical Manager & Production Designer and the Assistant Dean of Visual & Performing Arts for job responsibilities and other College related activities as outlined in the Policies and Procedures Manual. Essential duties include but are not limited to the following:
- Serve as Part-Time Technical Manager/Production Designer for all Angelina College and Angelina Arts Alliance events;
- Implement technical set-up/operation/strike (including lighting, sound, rigging) to enhance a variety of professional touring entertainment events;
- Assist in the acquisition/rental of goods and services in connection with events;
- Maintain and secure stage, lighting, sounds, rigging and tool inventory;
- As assigned, secure and supervise all stage labor required for events. This includes students, local crews, and union crews with touring companies;
- Variable work schedule, includes occasional evening and weekend hours; and
- Provide technical assistance for Visual and Performing Arts instruction team including assisting in practicum (lab).
WAGE AND HOURS:
9 month position, $10.50 – $11.50 per hour, 19.5 hours per week.
Screening of qualified applicants will begin and continue until the position is filled. The position is open until filled. This is a security sensitive position and an appropriate background investigation will be made on applicants being strongly considered for the position. Please download and save the application to your computer before completing. The application may be downloaded via our website at http://www.angelina.edu/hr-jobs/ or application forms may be requested from Human Resources. Completed application must be submitted to: Human Resources, Angelina College, P.O. Box 1768, Lufkin TX 75902-1768, faxed to 936-633-3230 or e-mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Angelina College is a comprehensive community college of 5,200 students located in Lufkin, Angelina County, Texas, and serving twelve counties of East Texas. Lufkin is a city of 38,000 people, situated about 120 miles northeast of Houston, 112 miles southwest of Shreveport, Louisiana, and 165 miles southeast of Dallas.
Angelina College reserves the right to extend search or not offer position advertised.
ANGELINA COLLEGE IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER COMMITTED TO DIVERSITY