POSITION: Part-Time Testing Proctor – Crocket, Jasper, Lufkin, Livingston
EMPLOYMENT DATE: Until Filled
- Must meet or exceed an associate’s degree.
- One year of work experience using a variety of computer software and hardware solutions required.
- One-year experience in administering various types of standardized tests required.
- Previous work experience with secured documents requiring a degree of confidentiality required.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and strong interpersonal skills required.
- Coordinating, planning, and organizational skills preferred.
- Excellent computer skills preferred.
- Ability to build good rapport with a variety of constituents preferred.
- Service oriented attitude preferred.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively with others or in teams preferred.
- Good attention to details preferred.
- Ability to work under pressure preferred.
- Demonstrate sensitivity to students with diverse academic, socio-economic, cultural and ethnic backgrounds, including those with disabilities.
- Understand how to work successfully as a team within all levels of the organization and know how to contribute to the mission of the college.
It is the intent of the basic job requirements, duties, and responsibilities that these minimum requirements should, therefore, be referred to as a guide for, rather than a limitation to the services required.
The position will report to the Associate Dean of Student Services for job responsibilities and other College related activities as outlined in the Policies and Procedures Manual. Essential duties include but are not limited to the following:
- Assist in the implementation and administration of standardized tests including but not limited to the Texas Higher Education Assessment Test (TSIA); professional school admissions test, and college entrance exams;
- Serve as an examiner for the Texas Certificate of High School Equivalency testing;
- Comply with all testing and administration guidelines outlined within testing program agreements;
- Assist in facilitating test administrations to college customers;
- Provide quality-testing services that follow ethical guidelines as recorded in the Code of Professional Responsibilities in Educational Measurement;
- Safeguard the security of testing materials and test scores by monitoring test records and return test material procedures;
- Understand the institution’s interpretation of FERPA rules for the release of student information to faculty, parents, students, etc.;
- Provide IT a list of mandatory upgrades for computerized applications used in the Testing Center;
- Investigate testing irregularities in the Testing Center and complete a written irregularity report;
- Demonstrate high-level teamwork, cooperation and communication with staff and supervisor;
- Maintain accurate records of interactions with students (Advisor Trac or Irregularity Form);
- Stay abreast of changing institutional information including testing dates, deadlines and costs, affecting testing services;
- Engage in professional development activities, including but not limited to, attendance at conferences, workshops, and division training sessions;
- Stay current with information technology skills;
- Assist in the implementation and evaluation of the testing program’s goals and objectives;
- Implement new testing program projects and initiatives as they are developed;
- Serve as testing service resource for faculty/staff;
- Be a student advocate when appropriate; and
- Assist with additional administrative responsibilities as assigned.
WAGE AND HOURS:
$12.00 per hour
Screening of qualified applicants will begin and continue until the position is filled. The position is open until filled. This is a security sensitive position and an appropriate background investigation will be made on applicants being strongly considered for the position. Please download and save the application to your computer before completing. The application may be downloaded via our website at http://www.angelina.edu/hr-jobs/ or application forms may be requested from Human Resources. Completed application must be submitted to: Human Resources, Angelina College, P.O. Box 1768, Lufkin TX 75902-1768, faxed to 936-633-3230 or e-mailed to email@example.com.
Angelina College is a comprehensive community college of 5,200 students located in Lufkin, Angelina County, Texas, and serving twelve counties of East Texas. Lufkin is a city of 38,000 people, situated about 120 miles northeast of Houston, 112 miles southwest of Shreveport, Louisiana, and 165 miles southeast of Dallas.
Angelina College reserves the right to extend search or not offer position advertised.
ANGELINA COLLEGE IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER COMMITTED TO DIVERSITY