Information for Initial Testing
ACCUPLACER is the computer adaptive testing system approved by the Texas State Legislature as an alternative assessment tool for initial THEA testing. The ACCUPLACER provides placement, advisement, and guidance information for students and consists of computer adaptive tests in reading comprehension, mathematics and writing skills. The test scores are available immediately after testing and are directly comparable and equivalent to scores on the THEA tests. Several certificate programs require ACCUPLACER as part of their admission criteria.
1. Be an AC student or prospective student.
2. Complete and submit an AC application for admission with admission documentation(s).
3. See an academic counselor to obtain a testing request form which verifies your need to test.
4. Pay required fee ($29.00) by MONEY ORDER (cash, credit cards or personal checks are not accepted) at the Jasper Higher Education and Technology Center located at 450 Bulldog Ave., Jasper, TX. Fees are non-refundable (see and advisor to be sure you must test).
5. Obtain an ACCUPLACER admission ticket from the testing center and follow the direction printed on the ticket. Schedule early! Seating is limited!
Those taking the ACCUPLACER will have up to 5 hours to complete the self-paced and computer-based test, which covers reading, writing and math skills.
On the day of the test, bring a pictured identification (state or school) card you’re your ACCUPLACER admission ticket.
Do not bring personal calculators, cellular phones or other communication devices with you to the exam. A four-function calculator is provided as part of the testing program.
Pencils and scratch paper are provided.
Score reports will not be provided; scores will be loaded directly into the Angelina College student database. Your academic counselor will explain your course placement based on your ACCP scores prior to registration for your courses.
Information for Retesting Option
1. ACCUPLACER can be retaken every 90 days.
2. See your developmental instructor, program advisor or academic counselor to obtain a testing request form.
3. Pay required fee ($15.00 per section) by MONEY ORDER (cash, credit cards or personal checks are not accepted) at the Jasper Higher Education and Technology Center located at 450 Bulldog Ave., Jasper, TX. Fees are non-refundable (see and advisor to be sure you must test.
Jasper Testing Center