Procedures for Proctoring Correspondence Exams
Angelina College serves as a proctor site for correspondence exams from other institutions and agencies for a nominal fee. To schedule your appointment please follow the steps below.
- Contact your institution or agency notifying them that you would like to test at the Angelina College Testing Center (ACTC).
- Provide your institution or agency with the ACTC contact information at firstname.lastname@example.org. Upon receipt of the request from your institution, the testing center will complete the form and return it.
- Check with your instructor or institution to confirm their acceptance of Angelina College as your proctor. Upon confirmation, please complete the steps below to schedule your appointment:
- Schedule your exam date and time by emailing your request to the ACTC at email@example.com. Please include your name, email address and phone number.
- Receive your testing appointment confirmation from the ACTC at the email address you provided.
- Contact your institution or agency to confirm that they have sent pertinent materials required to administer your exam.
- Contact ACTC at least one day prior to your appointment and confirm that the pertinent material has been received.
- Pay the $25.00 proctor fee prior for each exam you will take. You MUST pay the fee in the Business Office between 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. located in the administration building Room A205 before you can test. Payment may be made in person or by credit or debit card by calling 936-633-5318.
- Read the Policy on Academic Dishonesty and complete the Rules and Conditions form. Bring the complete form to your first testing appointment.
- Arrive at the testing center located in the Student Center Room 200D at least fifteen minutes prior to your appointment time. Bring your pictured identification, paid receipt and testing appointment email confirmation.
General Policies and Procedures
- Requests for testing appointments must be made no later than 3:00 p.m. the day before your requested test date. Weekends are not included (appointment must be made by 3:00 p.m. on Friday for a test on Monday during the Fall and Spring semesters - during the Summer semesters, by 3:00 p.m. on Thursday). During the Fall and Spring semester, evening testing by appointment will be available Monday, Tuesday and Thursday – 5:45 p.m – 8:30 p.m. During Summer semesters, evening testing by appointment will be available Monday and Thursday – 5:45 p.m. – 8:30 p.m. NOTE: The testing center closes at 5:00 p.m. and reopens at 5:45 p.m. All evening testing must be scheduled after 5:45 p.m. Advance planning is necessary as some test times fill quickly and remaining times may not meet a student's individual scheduling needs. Last minute scheduling may result in a student not being able to test by deadlines set by their instructor(s).
- It is the student's responsibility to test within the dates designated by the instructor for each test. Students should consult the course syllabus or contact the instructor for information on test dates and deadlines.
- Photo identification is required to be admitted for ALL testing sessions.
- Students should obtain the following information from their instructor prior to the test session:
- Test format
- Time limit
- Materials allowed during test
- Test proctors are not authorized to alter the instructions provided by the instructor to interpret test contents for students. Questions or comments should be directed to the instructor after the test.
- Students should notify the Testing Center in advance to cancel or reschedule exams. Early cancellation or scheduling allows the Testing Center to make testing times available to other students.
- Rescheduling is only available with written authorization by course instructor.
Angelina College Testing Center
P.O. Box 1768, 3500 S. First Street
Lufkin, Texas 75902
Location: AC Student Center, Room 200D
Monday – Friday, 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Mon., Tues., Thur. 5:45 p.m. – 8:30 p.m. (By appointment only)
Director of Testing & Student Development