|Testing Registration and Payment||VCT/Internet Appointment Form|
Angelina College provides testing services for VCT and Internet testing at the Angelina College Career and Technical Center. Additionally, the Texas Success Initiative Assessment (TSIA) is offered on a rotating schedule each fall and spring semester.
Crockett Center Testing Dates
|Wednesday, June 13||6 p.m. - 8:30 p.m. (TSIA Parts and VCT)|
|Wednesday, June 27||6 p.m. – 8:30 p.m. (TSIA Parts and VCT)|
|Wednesday, July 11||6 p.m. – 8:30 p.m. (TSIA Parts and VCT)|
|Wednesday, July 25||6 p.m. – 8:30 p.m. (TSIA Parts and VCT)|
|Wednesday, August 8||6 p.m. – 8:30 p.m. (TSIA Parts and VCT)|
|Saturday, August 18||9:00 a.m. (TSI ALL AND TSI PARTS)|
|Wednesday, August 22||6 p.m. – 8:30 p.m. (TSIA Parts and VCT)|
Requests for testing appointments must be made no later than 12:00 noon the day before your requested test date. Two hour time test must be scheduled by 6:00 p.m. in order to allow sufficient testing time. Advance planning is necessary as some test times fill quickly and remaining times may not meet a student’s individual scheduling needs. Last minute scheduling may result in a student not being able to test by deadlines set by their instructor(s).
- It is the student’s responsibility to test within the dates designated by the instructor for each test.
- Students should consult the course syllabus or contact the instructor for information on test dates and deadlines.
- Photo identification is required to be admitted for ALL testing sessions.
- Students should obtain the following information from their instructor prior to the test session: test format, time limit and materials allowed during test.
- Test proctors are not authorized to alter the instructions provided by the instructor to interpret test contents for students.
- Questions or comments should be directed to the instructor after the test.
- Students should notify the Testing Center in advance to cancel or reschedule exams. Early cancellation or scheduling allows the Testing Center to make testing times available to other students.
- Rescheduling is only available with written authorization by course instructor.
The Texas Success Initiative (TSI) is a state-mandated program that applies to all students enrolling in Texas public colleges and universities for the first-time. Students are required to take the TSI assessment, if they are not exempt to demonstrate college readiness. The exemptions include: 1) achieving at or above the state exemption scores on ACT, SAT, TAKS, or STARR End of Course (EOC), 2) earned an associate or baccalaureate degree, or 3) completed college-level coursework at a private or independent institution of higher education or an accredited out-of-state institution of higher education.
The TSI Assessment is an instructional program designed to enhance the success of students in college-level courses. The program promotes the early diagnosis of basic skills in reading, mathematics (algebra & statistics), and writing, and mandates programs to ensure the success of students in higher education.
Based on how you perform you may either be enrolled in a college-level course that matches your skill level or be placed in the appropriate developmental course or intervention to improve your skills and prepare you for success in college-level courses.
Before you take the TSI Assessment, you must participate in a Pre-Assessment Activity unless you meet one of the approved exemptions. Angelina College provides the Pre-Assessment Activity and documents your participation. The activity includes the following:
- A description of the approved exemptions;
- An explanation of the importance of the TSI Assessment;
- Practice test questions and feedback;
- An explanation of all your developmental education options, if you don’t meet the minimum passing standard; and
- Information on campus and community resources that will help you succeed as a college student.
Navigation Questions for Pre-Assessment Activity and TSI Assessment
Find out if you need to complete the Pre-Assessment Activity (PAA) and the TSI assessment by answering the following questions and follow the links.
Have you completed the Pre-Assessment Activity (PAA) and obtained a Completion Certificate?