Angelina College is a closed TSI center. The Testing Center only administers TSIA to Angelina College students.
The Texas Success Initiative (TSI) is a state-mandated program that applies to all students enrolling in Texas public colleges and universities for the first-time. Students are required to take the TSI assessment to demonstrate college readiness, if they are not exempt. The exemptions include:
1. Achieved at or above the state exemption scores on ACT, SAT, TAKS or STAAR End of Course (EOC).
2. Earned an associate or baccalaureate degree.
3. Completed college-level coursework at a private or independent institution of higher education or an accredited out-of-state institution of higher education.
4. Attended any institution previously and has been determined to have met readiness standards by that institution.
5. Serving on active duty as a member of the armed forces of the United States, the Texas National Guard, or as a member of a reserve component of the armed forces of the United States and has been serving for at least three years preceding enrollment.
6. Honorably discharged, retired, or released from active duty as a member of the armed forces of the United States or the Texas National Guard or service as a member of a reserve component of the armed forces of the United States.
7. An institution may exempt a non-degree-seeking or non-certificate-seeking student.
The TSI Assessment is an instructional program designed to enhance the success of students in college-level courses. The program promotes the early diagnosis of basic skills in reading, mathematics (algebra & statistics), and writing, and mandates programs to ensure the success of students in higher education.
Based on how you perform you may either be enrolled in a college-level course that matches your skill level or be placed in the appropriate developmental course or intervention to improve your skills and prepare you for success in college-level courses.
Steps to sign up for the TSI:
1. Participate in a Pre-Assessment Activity (PAA)
2. Register for the TSI
3. Pay for the TSI
PAA CERTIFICATE AND PAYMENT RECEIPT MUST BE PRESENTED AT THE TESTING CENTER AT TIME OF TESTING.
STEP 1: TSIA PRE-ASSESSMENT ACTIVITY
Angelina College provides the Pre-Assessment Activity (PAA), hosted by Querium, and documents your participation upon completion of the PAA. The activity includes the following:
A description of the approved exemptions;
An explanation of the importance of the TSI Assessment;
Practice test questions and feedback;
An explanation of all your developmental education options, if you don’t meet the minimum passing standard; and
Information on campus and community resources that will help you succeed as a college student.
Complete the Pre-Assessment Activity for Angelina College at www.tsipreview.com/welcome/Angelina-College.
Your PAA Completion Certificate will be sent to your Angelina College student e-mail. KEEP THIS EMAIL OR PRINT THE CERTIFICATE and bring to the Testing Center when you test. You cannot test without this Certificate! If you misplace your certificate or cannot provide it on your test day, you will have to take the PAA again to obtain another certificate. The testing center cannot print out your Completion Certificate. The PAA Certificate can be used to take the TSI for one year.
If you complete the PAA at a site outside the Angelina College campus, you must obtain your Completion Certificate and bring it with you on your test day.
Go to Step 2 to register for the TSI.
STEP 2: TSI REGISTRATION
After completing the PAA, register to take the TSI:
Go to Step 3 to pay for the TSI within 24 hours.
STEP 3: TSI PAYMENT
After registering, pay for the TSI within 24 hours of completing the online registration.
Payment can be made by phone or in person only.
$15 each part, $35 all parts
AC Business Office: Roadrunner Central in the Student Center / Hours: Monday-Friday 8am-5pm / (936) 633-5318
RECEIPT MUST BE PRESENTED AT THE TESTING CENTER BEFORE TAKING THE ASSESSMENT.