Virtual College of Texas
The Virtual College of Texas (VCT) is a collaborative of Texas community and technical colleges to increase access to higher education and improve student success through sharing of eLearning resources among Texas two-year colleges. These resources include courses, programs, instructors, technology, and administrative and technical support.
Angelina College provides course offerings through the VCT system. VCT exams are administered through the Angelina College testing center by appointment. The following procedures govern VCT/Internet testing within the testing center.
- Requests for testing appointments must be made no later than 3:00 p.m. the day before your requested test date. Weekends are not included (appointment must be made by 3:00 p.m. on Friday for a test on Monday during the Fall and Spring semesters – during the Summer semesters, by 3:00 p.m. on Thursday). Advance planning is necessary as some test times fill quickly and remaining times may not meet a student’s individual scheduling needs. Last minute scheduling may result in a student not being able to test by deadlines set by their instructor(s).
- It is the student’s responsibility to test within the dates designated by the instructor for each test. Students should consult the course syllabus or contact the instructor for information on test dates and deadlines.
- Photo identification is required to be admitted for ALL testing sessions.
- Students should obtain the following information from their instructor prior to the test session:
- Test format
- Time limit
- Materials allowed during test
- Test proctors are not authorized to alter the instructions provided by the instructor to interpret test contents for students. Questions or comments should be directed to the instructor after the test.
- Students should notify the Testing Center in advance to cancel or reschedule exams. Early cancellation or scheduling allows the Testing Center to make testing times available to other students.
- Rescheduling is only available with written authorization by course instructor.