POSITION: Full-Time Training Manager NL (New Licensing) – Police Academy – Lufkin
EMPLOYMENT DATE: Until Filled
- High School diploma or GED.
- Graduate of a Police Academy in the State of Texas.
- Minimum of ten (10) years of full-time work in Law Enforcement or related field.
- State of Texas certified police officer.
- Possess a valid TCOLE Instructor License.
- Maintain a Law Enforcement Commission with the Angelina College Police Department.
- A valid Texas Driver’s License.
- Excellent English oral and written communication skills.
- Be able to successfully pass a TCOLE background investigation.
- Demonstrated ability to interact effectively and respectfully with students and other employees, manage multiple projects simultaneously, and make sound decisions.
- Work is normally performed on campus. Some travel required.
- Some physical effort required with the employee occasionally lifting and/or moving up to 100 pounds.
- Must be able to walk or stand for prolonged periods, and may be exposed to extreme temperatures during the summer as well as winter conditions.
- Possible exposure to physical risk.
- Carries and uses a firearm and defense weapons in accordance with policies, procedures, and laws, and must remain proficient in their use.
- Advanced Texas Peace Officer certification, Firearms Instructor proficiency, and Mental Health Officer certification from the Texas Commission on Law Enforcement.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills with a diverse group of students and faculty.
- Demonstrate sensitivity to students with diverse academic, socio-economic, cultural and ethnic backgrounds, including those with disabilities.
- Understand how to work successfully as a team within all levels of the organization and know how to contribute to the mission of the college.
It is the intent of the basic job requirements, duties, and responsibilities that these minimum requirements should therefore, be referred to as a guide for, rather than a limitation to the services required.
The position will report to the Chief of Police for job responsibilities and other College related activities as outlined in the Policies and Procedures Manual. Essential duties include but are not limited to the following:
- Oversee daily activities of Police Academy Part-Time Instructors.
- Ensure daily payroll time cards for Police Academy Part-Time Instructors are completed in a timely fashion.
- Schedule Police Academy Part-Time Instructors.
- Monitor, support, and evaluate Police Academy Part-Time Instructors. Evaluate new instructors within their first semester of employment and evaluate all instructors each year. Ensure that all instructors complete the annual training required by the College.
- Assist with recruitment and admissions for new licensee training.
- Provide Classroom Instruction to In-Service classes as well as cadet classes, as needed.
- Develop and maintain curriculum standards in compliance with TCOLE requirements.
- Periodically meet with area Law Enforcement Officials and maintain positive relationships.
- Meet with prospective students and participate in recruitment activities.
- Maintain professional working relationships with peers.
- Provide good customer service.
- Help to maintain a user-friendly website as well as other social media platform for the Police Academy.
- Conduct Audits of police academy records.
- Help to maintain Academy equipment inventories.
- Serve on the Police Academy Advisory Board as an ex-officio member.
- Attend Meetings and specified training.
- Serve on campus committees.
- Participate in unit planning and continuous improvement processes.
CONTRACT & SALARY:
Twelve (12) month assignment with an annual salary of $40,000 – $45,000, in addition to excellent employee benefits. The College is willing to negotiate an alternate schedule arrangement with corresponding salary adjustment. Proof of identity and eligibility to work in the United States must be verified for successful candidate.
A letter of interest, completed application form, a resume, and college transcripts are required for an applicant to be considered. Screening of qualified applicants will begin and continue until the position is filled. This is a security sensitive position and an appropriate background investigation will be made on applicants being strongly considered for the position. Please download and save the application to your computer before completing. The application may be downloaded via our website at http://www.angelina.edu/hr-jobs/ or application forms may be requested from Human Resources. Please submit the complete application packet to: Human Resources, Angelina College, P.O. Box 1768, Lufkin TX 75902-1768, fax to 936-633-3230 or e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Angelina College is a great place to work and Lufkin is a great place to live! From the arts to the outdoors, Lufkin offers a wide variety of entertainment activities. We have many parks and our residents enjoy spending time walking and biking on the beautiful Azalea Trail. Golfers have a choice of four different courses. Lake Sam Rayburn provides opportunities for fishing and boating. Families often enjoy spending a day at Ellen Trout Zoo. For those who prefer shopping and dining, Lufkin has a wide variety of shops and restaurants offering everything from antiques to clothing and home-style cooking to fine dining. Our downtown area offers quaint boutiques and is the scene of many community events. Spending a day at a museum doesn’t require a long drive to the big city. Lufkin is home to the Museum of East Texas, the Texas Forestry Museum, and the Naranjo Natural History Museum. The arts come alive with organizations like Angelina Arts Alliance, which hosts the performing arts from around the world.
With all that it offers in recreation and entertainment, Lufkin really is a great place to live.
Angelina College is a comprehensive community college of 5,200 students located in Lufkin, Angelina County, Texas, and serving twelve counties of East Texas. Lufkin is a city of 38,000 people, situated about 120 miles northeast of Houston, 112 miles southwest of Shreveport, Louisiana, and 165 miles southeast of Dallas.
Angelina College reserves the right to extend search or not offer position advertised.
ANGELINA COLLEGE IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER COMMITTED TO DIVERSITY