Angelina College serves as a proctor site for correspondence exams from other institutions and agencies for a nominal fee. To schedule your appointment please follow the steps below.
- Contact your institution or agency notifying them that you would like to test at the Angelina College Testing Center (ACTC).
- Provide your institution or agency with the ACTC contact information at email@example.com. Upon receipt of the request from your institution, the testing center will complete the form and return it.
- Check with your instructor or institution to confirm their acceptance of Angelina College as your proctor. Upon confirmation, please complete the steps below to schedule your appointment:
- Schedule your exam date and time by emailing following the instructions below. Please include your name, email address and phone number in the comment box.
- Receive your testing appointment confirmation from the ACTC at the email address you provided.
- Contact your institution or agency to confirm that they have sent pertinent materials required to administer your exam.
- Contact ACTC at least one day prior to your appointment and confirm that the pertinent material has been received.
- Pay the $25.00 proctor fee prior for each exam you will take. You MUST pay the fee in the Business Office between 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. located in the administration building Room A205 before you can test. Payment may be made in person or by credit or debit card by calling 936-633-5318.
- Read the Policy on Academic Dishonesty and complete the Rules and Conditions form. Bring the complete form to your first testing appointment.
- Arrive at the testing center located in the Student Center Room 200D at least fifteen minutes prior to your appointment time. Bring your pictured identification, paid receipt and testing appointment email confirmation.
INSTRUCTIONS FOR MAKING APPOINTMENTS TESTING APPOINTMENTS
1. Go to the Angelina College at http://www.angelina.edu/testing/.
2. Click on the “TESTING APPOINTMENT” icon.
3. Click on the appropriate location (Crockett, Jasper, Lufkin or Polk County/Livingston) for your appointment request. Read the information at the top of the form carefully. NOTE: For Crockett, Jasper and Polk County/Livingston, available dates and times for testing are shown on the main page. Click “Testing Appointment Form” under the picture of the campus.
4. If you have been approved to test with Special Accommodations indicate your approved accommodations in the COMMENT box.
5. Complete all of the blanks. Be sure to use your Angelina College student email address. Make sure you enter your email address correctly. Many of our confirmations are sent back to a junk email folder because of incorrect email addresses. NOTE: If you do not know your AC email address, you can click “My Student Tools” on the tool bar at the top of the website. Then click “AC Student Email Login Instructions” and it will provide instructions for using and checking your AC email.
Note: If you are not an Angelina College student, please use your college email address.
6. You will receive a confirmation that will be sent to the email address you provide. WE DO NOT CONFIRM APPOINTMENTS BY PHONE.
In order to get your confirmations back, you must use the college email address provided to you.
Address: Angelina College Testing Center, P.O. Box 1768, 3500 S. First St., Lufkin, Texas 75902
Location: AC Student Center, Room 200D
Office Hours: Monday – Friday, 8 a.m. – 5 p.m. Mon., Tues., Thur. 5:45 p.m. – 8:30 p.m. (By appointment only)
General Policies and Procedures
- Requests for testing appointments must be made no later than 3:00 p.m. the day before your requested test date. Weekends are not included (appointment must be made by 3:00 p.m. on Friday for a test on Monday during the Fall and Spring semesters – during the Summer semesters, by 3:00 p.m. on Thursday). During the Fall and Spring semester, evening testing by appointment will be available Monday, Tuesday and Thursday – 5:45 p.m – 8:30 p.m. During Summer semesters, evening testing by appointment will be available Monday and Thursday – 5:45 p.m. – 8:30 p.m. NOTE: The testing center closes at 5:00 p.m. and reopens at 5:45 p.m. All evening testing must be scheduled after 5:45 p.m. Advance planning is necessary as some test times fill quickly and remaining times may not meet a student’s individual scheduling needs. Last minute scheduling may result in a student not being able to test by deadlines set by their instructor(s).
- It is the student’s responsibility to test within the dates designated by the instructor for each test. Students should consult the course syllabus or contact the instructor for information on test dates and deadlines.
- Photo identification is required to be admitted for ALL testing sessions.
- Students should obtain the following information from their instructor prior to the test session:
- Test format
- Time limit
- Materials allowed during test
- Test proctors are not authorized to alter the instructions provided by the instructor to interpret test contents for students. Questions or comments should be directed to the instructor after the test.
- Students should notify the Testing Center in advance to cancel or reschedule exams. Early cancellation or scheduling allows the Testing Center to make testing times available to other students.
- Rescheduling is only available with written authorization by course instructor.