Academic Areas: Biology, Chemistry, Computer Science, Engineering, Geology, Mathematics, Military Science, and Physics. Pre-professional: Dental, Medical, Occupational Therapy, Pharmacy, Physical Therapy, Physician Assistant, and Veterinary.
Field of Study Programs:
(1) Computer Science
(3) Engineering Technology
The associate in science core is designed to give students breadth of knowledge in general education, promote critical thinking that is fundamental to higher education and allow students to take specific courses in a discipline.
Students working toward the associate in science degree will take essential core requirements that will allow them to transfer to a senior college.
Angelina College offers the associate in science degree to students completing the general graduation requirements, core curriculum requirements, and those courses required for the academic area.
Please see an advisor in this area for further information.
The specialized degree programs have been aligned with the transfer institution’s requirements, but those may vary. Therefore it is in the best interest of the student to consult with their transfer institution and communicate with their advisor and/or Associate Dean of Instruction. Only the Associate Dean of Instruction will make substitutions for other courses.
Some degrees do not require completion of the core. Fields of study supplant core requirement.
Contact the Science & Mathematics Division office at (936) 633-5255 or firstname.lastname@example.org for information about the following programs:
- Engineering Associate of Science Degree
- Biology Concentration Associate of Science Degree
- Transfer Program – Biology
- Transfer Program – General Science
- Transfer Program – Mathematics
- Transfer Program – Physics
- Transfer Program – Pre-medical, Pre-dental, Pre-pharmacy
- Transfer Program – Pre-physical/occupational Therapy
- Transfer Program – Pre-physician Assistant
- Transfer Program – Pre-veterinary Medicine