The Texas Success Initiative Assessment 2.0, now the TSIA2, is a state-mandated program that applies to all students enrolling in Texas public colleges and universities for the first-time. Students are required to take the TSI2 to demonstrate college readiness, unless one of the following exemptions apply:
1. Achieved at or above the state exemption scores on ACT, SAT, TAKS or STAAR End of Course (EOC).
2. Earned an associate or baccalaureate degree.
3. Completed college-level coursework at a private or independent institution of higher education or an accredited out-of-state institution of higher education.
4. Attended any institution previously and has been determined to have met readiness standards by that institution.
5. Serving on active duty as a member of the armed forces of the United States, the Texas National Guard, or as a member of a reserve component of the armed forces of the United States and has been serving for at least three years preceding enrollment.
6. Honorably discharged, retired, or released from active duty as a member of the armed forces of the United States or the Texas National Guard or service as a member of a reserve component of the armed forces of the United States.
7. An institution may exempt a non-degree-seeking or non-certificate-seeking student.
The TSI Assessment 2.0 is an instructional program designed to enhance the success of students in college-level courses. The program promotes the early diagnosis of basic skills in mathematics (algebra & statistics), and basic skills in language arts and reading, and mandates programs to ensure the success of students in higher education.
Based on how you perform, you may either be enrolled in a college-level course that matches your skill level or be placed in the appropriate developmental course or intervention to improve your skills and prepare you for success in college-level courses.
Steps to sign up for the TSIA2:
1. Participate in a Pre-Assessment Activity (PAA)
2. Register for the TSIA2
3. Pay for the TSIA2
PAA CERTIFICATE AND PAYMENT
STEP 1: TSIA2 PRE-ASSESSMENT ACTIVITY
Angelina College provides the Pre-Assessment Activity (PAA), hosted by Querium, and documents your participation upon completion of the PAA. The activity includes the following:
A description of the approved exemptions;
Practice test questions and feedback;
An explanation of all your developmental education options, if you don’t meet the minimum passing standard; and
Information on campus and community resources that will help you succeed as a college student.
Complete the Pre-Assessment Activity for Angelina College at www.tsipreview.com/welcome/
Your PAA Completion Certificate will be sent to the e-mail you provide. KEEP THIS EMAIL OR PRINT THE CERTIFICATE and email it or have the printed certificate with you when you come for your testing appointment. You cannot test without this Certificate! If you misplace your certificate or cannot provide it on your test day, you will have to take the PAA again to obtain another certificate.
The PAA Certificate can be used to take the TSIA2 for one year.
STEP 2: TSIA2 REGISTRATION
After completing the PAA, use the following online form to register to take the TSIA2: Reservation Form for TSIA2.
STEP 3: TSIA2 PAYMENT
After registering, pay for the TSIA2.
Payment can be made to the Business Office by phone or in person
- $35 for the Complete TSIA2, ELAR (English Language Arts Reading) and MATH
- $17.50 for ELAR with Essay (Essay dependent on scores of Multiple Choice section)
- $17.50 for MATH only
- $17.50 for ELAR Multiple Choice (Retest only)
- $15 for Essay (Retest only)
AC Business Office: Roadrunner Central in the Student Center / Hours: Monday-Friday 8am-5pm / (936) 633-5318
Payment from the Business Office must be emailed to the Testing Center or presented to testing administrator prior to testing.
Please see the College Board’s Student Portal to help prepare for the TSIA2.